Hello lovelies! The other day I was browsing the sweets aisle of my local grocery store when I found the cutest little amaretto flavored cookies. Given the fact that I can’t even pronounce the name of them, I figure they must be the real deal! The brand is Matilde Vicenzi, and the cookies are called “Amarettino D’Italia: Ricetta Tradizionale Italiana.” Quite the mouthful. Fancy, right? But don’t worry if you can’t find the brand; the recipe I’m about to show you will work with any amaretto cookie.
You know me—I can’t help but summon 90s party hits while I blog. Which is why, at the risk of turning you off, I’ve decided to compare this fudge to R. Kelly. Why? Because it is dark and smooth, but also sort of crusty. 😛 All joking aside, this fudge has it all: creamy, chocolately goodness that melts in your mouth; a delicious crunch from the sliced almonds; and the crumbly punch of the amaretto cookies that are packed with flavor and help cut through all the sweetness.
Your mind might be tellin’ you noooo. But your bodyyyyy—your bodyyyyyyyy’s tellin’ you yessssss.
So here’s how you do it (full recipe is at the bottom of the post):
Step 1: Prepare your 8×8 inch pan by spraying it lightly with cooking spray and lining it with some wax paper.
Step 2: Add your chocolate and condensed milk to a sauce pan.
Step 3: Slowly stir it over low heat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
Step 4: Fold in your almonds and amaretto cookies (if using bigger cookies just chop them up so they are bite size).
Step 5: Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and smooth it out the best you can.
Step 6: Add crumbled amaretto cookies to the top.
Step 7: Use the flaps of the wax paper to press the crumbs into the fudge as well as help any air bubbles escape. Afterwards, refrigerate the fudge for a minimum of two hours.
Step 8: Remove the fudge from the fridge and peel back the wax paper.
Step 9: Cut the fudge into cubes using a hot knife (I got around 36 pieces).
Step 10: Enjoy!
It’s really that simple. And when you taste one, you’ll believe you can fly. You’ll believe you can touch the sky. You’ll think about them every night and day, then spread your wings and fly away. Just like R. Kelly. Well, when he’s not Trapped in the Closet. 😛
Until next time <3
- 1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (2.25 oz) of sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cup of bite sized amaretto cookies or cookie pieces
- 1/4 cup of crushed amaretto cookies
- 1 tsp of almond extract (optional)
- Prepare an 8x8 inch pan by lightly spraying it with cooking spray and lining it with wax paper, making sure to leave some hanging over the edges of the pan.
- To a sauce pot over low heat, add the chocolate, condensed milk, and optional almond extract.
- Stir over low heat until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Fold in the almonds and cookie pieces.
- Pour the mixture into your 8x8 inch dish and level it off with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle on the crushed amaretto cookie crumbs, then use the wax paper to gently press them into the fudge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. Once set, cut fudge into individual pieces with a hot knife.