Remember last week when I said that I wanted to say goodbye to summer with some super easy 3-ingredient DIY Ice Cream? Well, apparently I lied. Sorry not sorry. I just couldn’t get over how simple it was to make—I wanted to see if it was possible to do even more with it. Say, like make my very own frozen grasshopper pie!
As you can see, it was very successful. The ice cream, loaded up with crushed mint chocolate cookies, held up very well and was super creamy and delicious. The crust, made from even more cookies, was crunchy and buttery, just how you like it. Sure, you could probably run out and buy a pre-made cookie crust, scoop in some ice cream, and call it a day, but where is the fun in that? Believe it or not, this entire recipe consists of just four ingredients and about 15-20 minutes of your time. So worth it.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
The crust is as simple as mixing 4-5 tablespoons of melted butter into about a sleeve and a half of crushed mint chocolate cookies. I used Grasshopper cookies by Keebler, but Thin Mints would work just as well. You can actually use any brand you like, just keep in mind that you may need more or less butter depending on your brand.
You’ll want the consistency to look a bit like this. Wet and easily moldable.
Press it into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and pop it in the freezer. Bam. Crust done.
Next you’ll want to make the ice cream. Whip up a pint of heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in half a can of condensed milk. Totally optional, but feel free to add a couple drops of green food coloring as well.
Now crush up the remaining cookies and fold them into the mixture, remembering to get your spatula all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. Bam. Filling done.
Now add it to your pie crust, make a pretty little design on top, and place it back into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
I decorated mine with more whipped cream and cookies (You’ll need a second package, but who has ever complained about leftover cookies? 😝).
Once it’s nice and set you can slice it on up and serve it on out. Your guests will love it. I promise.
So I hope you’ll give it a try! I’m sure it would be just as delicious with Oreos, Nutter Butters, or any other cookie you enjoy.
Until next time!
- 1-2 packages of mint chocolate cookies (2 if you plan to decorate the top)
- 4-5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, (or more if you plan to decorate the top)
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- green food coloring (optional)
- Crush a sleeve and a half of cookies in a food processor. Mix in the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Place in freezer to set.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks and then fold in the condensed milk and food coloring. Crush up the remaining cookies and fold those in as well. Spread on top of the cookie crust and allow to set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and serve!